CAD ADVANTAGE AND DISADVANTAGE ——
Computer-aided design (CAD) is a computer technology that designs a product and documents the design’s process. CAD may facilitate the manufacturing process by transferring detailed diagrams of a product’s materials, processes, tolerances and dimensions with specific conventions for the product in question. It can be used to produce either two-dimensional or three-dimensional diagrams, which can then when rotated to be viewed from any angle, even from the inside looking out. A special printer or plotter is usually required for printing professional design renderings.The concept of designing geometric shapes for objects is very similar to CAD. It is called computer-aided geometric design (CAGD).CAD is also known as computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
ADVANTAGE OF CAD –
- SAVE TIME: When you are using the computer aided design software, it will save your time and you can make better and more efficient designs in shorter time duration.
- DECREASE DESIGN EFFORT: When it comes to the amount of effort that was needed for the sake of designing the different models, it has been reduced significantly because the software automates most of the task.
- EASY TO EDIT : When you are making designs, you may find the need to make alterations. When you are using computer-aided design software, it will be much easier to make any changes because you can fix the errors and modify the drawings easily.
- IMPROVED ACCURACY: There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that the kind of accuracy that CAD software will offer can never be achieved by opting for manual drawings. You have tools to measure the precision, skill and accuracy level of the designs.
- CREATE DIMESNSIONS AND TEXT : With manual drafting, if you resize any part of the drawing, you must erase and then redraw the dimensions. Changing text can often involve re-lettering the whole drawing.
- VIEW DRAWING With CAD, the size and resolution of your drawing can be changed as needed. To do detailed work, you can increase display size by zooming in. You can zoom out to display more of the drawing. To move to another section of a drawing, you pan the drawing without changing magnification. You can zoom and pan to create the best working conditions. This can be invaluable when working on large and detailed drawings, such as this health spa plan.
DISADVANTAGE OF CAD —
With manual drafting, the size and resolution of your drawing is fixed.
- Every new release of the CAD software, operator has to update their skills.
- With manual drafting, the size and resolution of your drawing is fixed.
- Most popular CAD software like autocad , solidowrks and catia intiall cost is very high .
- Work can be disrupted due to a virus or a computer malfunction.
- Unemployment may increase as less workers are needed.
- Workers may also need training in order to use CAD.